Monday, September 30, 2013

Bike-O-Vision Cycling Journey- American Gems (WS #16) [Blu-ray]



Gorgeous Views, Much of It Ocean, As We Ride Through Stunning Parts of Our Country
These Bike-O-Vision DVDs are pleasant enough to entice an exerciser off that couch. The key is the locations they've chosen, which are excellent!

Yesterday evening I just didn't want to work out. I use a variety of cycling, walking, and hiking videos to inspire me, but I just didn't want a really tough workout. I looked through some of my new DVDs to see if one would just reach out and grab me.

'American Gems' includes some of my favorite parts of the country, spectacular areas around Monterey, Pebble Beach, and 17-Mile Drive in California, and that was enough for me to give it a try. There were other drives which included Nevada and Maine, for a unique variety of choices, all good.

Immediately my mood improved and I started enjoying the ride. These are gorgeous views. I was able to go as fast as I wanted to for my own workout purposes, which weren't too optimistic yesterday as I started. As I got into the workout I checked my heart rate monitor and...

Not enough woodsy scenery
I was expecting this to be a more woodsy or coastal environment and to my disappointment it was more city like. There are 5 environments to choose from and fortunately the last 2 are what I was looking for so I'll keep it. Maybe I can get used to the city views. Also the music is not quite biking music, it's almost hillbilly like and not very enjoyable to listen to. I'll probably use my MP3 player for these routes.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment