Monday, September 30, 2013

Lensometry - Essential Skills and Procedures (Optician)



Excellent, what I've been waiting for!
I have been an optical manager for 10 years and the one of the most frustrating parts has been teaching lensometry beyond just the basics. I have tried several on-line lensometry videos, but have always been disappointing with their scope of training and video quality. I was hesitant to actually pay for a training video thinking I would be disappointed again. But I can tell you this video is well worth the money and has become part of standard training for all of my opticians.

Benefits:
1. The description speaks of "picture-in-picture" technology, but it has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Other videos I have tried may have shown what was seen in the eyepiece, but didn't show the actions of the hand dials at the same time as this video does. From a learning perspective, seeing both the drum movements and view through the eyepiece at the same time is incredibly beneficial.

2. Excellent scope of training. The few lensometry training videos I have found...

Slow
VERY slow and hard to stay focused on lesson. Things disappear from screen at times for awkward periods of time.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment