Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Downton Abbey Series 1 & 2 (U.K. Import) [Blu-ray]



Finally a boxset for the Uncut versions of Downton Abbey... NOT THE "CUT UP" PBS MASTERPIECE VERSIONS THAT CLAIM BEING UNCUT!
Finally a complete boxset of the UNCUT versions of Downton Abbey series 1 and 2 THATS RIGHT UNCUT!!! Hence the Complete Collection on the Box! This does not include the Christmas special but, that is not a part of series 2 anyways... its its own separate entity... after watching the "cut" PBS Masterpiece editions that claim to be uncut and ARE NOT (also the editing of the PBS versions is terrible! very choppy!) and then watching this set I can now say I am glad I ponied up the extra money to buy this set... if you thought there was something wrong with the versions you watched and that there was something missing, you would be right! There is more footage across the whole series and it really makes it more amazing than I had already thought it was! I would compare it to the Lord of the Rings movies... The theatrical releases where obviously good but when the studios released the extended editions it was INCREDIBLE! That's this box set! It's the way it was meant to be seen! I call it...

I love Downton Abbey! I DO NOT love this particular item!
Buy a different set! This one is not complete - season 2 is missing the last episode, Christmas Special! Unfortunately, the publisher failed to provide any info that the last episode is not included in this set . . .
Also - these is no information on the set box, the dvd boxes, nor on the discs themselves what episodes are in what box, and on each disc! We are talking some 14 episodes, plus extras . . . It would be helpful!
I suggest buy other sets, and check the list of episodes included! If there is one to check . . . :)
Otherwise - I'm still a big fan of the series. Not of the team that marketed this item though!

Totally Disappointed
I was so disappointed when I realized that the final episode for the second season was not included in this collection. I think that Amazon should recompense us for being ripped off or provide us with a copy of the final episode for free.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment