Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pat Petrillo's Learn To Read Rhythms Better



Excellent, very thorough, and very good value
the package that you pay for (for only a little more than the price of one lesson with any local drum teacher) gets you two DVDs which are interactive. The lessons are very well graduated. and you even get MP3s and a truly excellent 100 page ebook on the 2nd DVD.
Each example that Pat plays and counts over (with a moving Red arrow to show where he is) is played at a two tempos (Tempi?? reminds me of that great larson gag with the octopus at the podium)
One to clearly understand what is going on, and one more challenging and faster one to get the sound into your ear.
This is the kind of material with aspects that can become baffling when it's only in written form. Just having the whole audio-visual thing going on is enormously helpful because Pat demonstrates by talking about it i.e explaining, showing it, playing it and (most importantly) counting it correctly out loud.
You can replay each example as many times as you like. It's critical you get this as the DVDs...

DVD is GREAT!!!
I studied with Pat at The Collective, and this is exactly what we learned. This is the easiest way to learn to read rhythms quickly.
I now teach this method to all my students. I currently teach 41 students a week and they all have benifited from the sound pictures concept that Pat uses. It just works. I will be recommending this DVD to all of my students and all the teachers I know. This is simply a full curriculum for learning to read rhythms fast. Pat is a good guy, and great teacher, support him by picking up this product. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

Pat's "Sound Picture" works fast!
I'm an old guy who has played drums for many, many years, but had very limited reading skills until now. This DVD is the answer. Pat's system gets to the heart of reading in a very clear and concise manner. AND, I'm learning that being able to read will allow me to up my game significantly. Buy it! You will not regret it. Thanks Pat!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment