Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Performance Mountain Biking



great for getting past the beginning stages
If you've managed to get comfortable riding your bike on that local trail and you're interested in improving on your handling skills then this will undoubtedly prove to be a great resource. If you've read Ned's book then you'll find the content is similar. I'd recommend one or the other but not both.

I gave it only four stars because I bought it hoping for coverage of more advanced skills. I wish the page at Amazon had been more descriptive.

Getting started and moving past beginner
I got this DVD at the same time as I got Fundamentals Mountain Bike Technique DVD .

Ned's DVD was superior in that it was structured more like a clinic with ideas clearly explained. Nothing too flashy just really good advice and skill teaching.

Extras include trail-side maintenance and setting up your suspension.

Technical Skills from a Champion Rider
I'm not a professional mountain biker. Mostly do it just for fun. I was amazed at the things Ned was able to demonstrate in the video. Many trails, and areas that I used to walk my bike through, I am now able to ride through after practicing a few of the techniques in the video. It's amazing just to watch him execute some of these techniques.

If you are a beginning to intermediate rider you could really benefit from watching this.

I primarily commute with my mountain bike and often use the down Low Glow Down Low Glow Lighting Kit - Two Tubes-Envy(green)Down Low Glow Lighting Kit - Single Tube - Envy(green)Down Low Glow Lighting Kit - Two Tubes - Plush(red) It is rugged enought for moutain biking too. I've used it on a few late evening rides...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment