Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Smallville: The Complete Series



Review of the ACTUAL box set
I'm a huge SV fan. Been one since about season two. And I wanted this awesome-looking collector's set so badly that I sold my seasons one through nine, some textbooks, etc. just to have money for it.

In the long run, I kind of regret doing that.

Here's the short version: If you already own seasons one through nine, do yourself a favor and just buy season ten. This big set, unfortunately, is not worth it.

Here's the long version: While the set looks beautiful, it's not practical. Each DVD is tightly (and I mean TIGHTLY) held in place by cardboard dividers. You literally have to pry out some of the DVDs from between two slats of cardboard. Obviously, this leaves some pretty heavy scratches. One of my DVDs looks like I set it on the floor, put my foot on top of it, and did the hokey pokey. The fronts of the DVDs look great, each season represented by a different Kryptonian symbol that die-hard fans will recognize. However, the DVDs are packed SO TIGHTLY...

Warning must buy more with this!
Warning...you must buy other cases or something safe to put your DVD's in. It is a horrible designed cardboard sleeve with no protection that is sealed too tight. I've had to tear the cardboard to get DVD's out and it scratches your dvd too. Some have even gotten deep scratches on the first time taking the DVD out causing it to skip. So know you will have to tear the sleeves the DVD's are in and put them in something that won't destroy them.

Other than that its great!

Bad Design
I got this box set for chrismas and got all the way to 6th season and then had problems with the disc. I'm sorry who ever designed the package was an idiot. This is why I have reverted to downloading shows and movies. It is utterly rediculas to spend 200 dollars on a box set to find a disc so scratched up that it is unable to watch it. Beware before you buy this that chances are you are going to end up with disc that are scratched.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment